Friday, December 14, 2012

Vigils

" Oh come, bless The Lord,
All you who serve The Lord,
Who stand in the house of The Lord,
In the courts of the house of our God"
 
"Oh Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will proclaim your praise"
----------------
 
The beginning of the Office of a vigils, a time for
the chanting of Psalms, and silence in the presence of God.
 
 
It's a beautiful time of day (3:30am). The world is still, silent,
Our minds are not yet "busied" by the distractions of life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
A nice big cup of Highlander Grog and a good book on prayer
on the Kindle. What more could I want? Well, maybe another
40 degrees so I could take a ride on the Beemer...but that will
come soon enough. It's about time to start thinking of next
summer's bike trip. Thinking of the Northeast. Vermont, Maine,
Newfoundland? Never been to that part of the country.
But Alaska has also gotten into my blood. I may need an
adventure style bike for that though. Looking at the Suzuki
V-Strom 650 or BMW F700GS. The BMW F800ST is
strictly a street bike, not too good for gravel. Maybe a
used F650GS...then I wouldn't have to go in debt...
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Things could be worse weather wise, you could be dealing with the snow Milano had Friday.

    http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/167464_630458265081_151508363_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete