Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Singin' in the Rain!!!

Had my Givi engine guards installed today. I would have
done it myself, but they really piled the Loctite on at the
factory and I was afraid of stripping the original bolts,
so I let the dealer worry about it. No worries,
they had a magic tool to get 'er done. Looking good!!!
 
Had a nice baptism in rain too. Temp was about 40 degrees
and heavy rain. No problem. If I can't ride in a little cold
rain, what's the point of having an Adventure bike, eh?
I did discover that my formerly water-proof boots, aren't
anymore. They're just $30 Walmart hiking boots. I have
a nice set of Frogg Leggs so problem solved.
 
Think I'm all set to travel. Time for a week at the Monastery.
Haven't been there since last fall...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Those engine guards look great.

    Bummer about the boots. I hate that feeling when you can tell the cold wet rain is seeming in under the arch of the foot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sir:

    Givi has great stuff and those guards sprout from the distinctive character of the bike. Now I am curious... How serious are you about doing the off-road routine? Do you plan to get a general map from the Bureau of Land Management and just cut across the country?

    Did you see the movie Legends of the Fall, when Trisaten comes t a bad end in the mouth of a bear?

    Think about that one. Have a great week. Remember me to the home office.

    Fondest regards,
    Jack/reep
    Twisted Roads

    ReplyDelete

  3. As a matter of fact, I had a dream last night Bout being chased by a Grizzly bear! Hmmmm...

    I plan on some light duty off road stuff. Just wanted a more gravel-capable machine. This will make the ride up to Salmon Glacier in western BC much more manageable.

    Always in my prayers,

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what I have in mind. I was here on a BMW R1150GS, but that's a pretty heavy bike for a little fella like me. I think the V-Strom will suit me better:

    http://youtu.be/IjnvFXgLw3g

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know when you get down here so we can get together. Then I can have a pro check out how well CenturyLink did on the installation. ;)

    ReplyDelete