Wednesday, May 8, 2013

DuPont Chain-Saver

Trying this stuff out: "DuPont Teflon Chain Saver". I've been
using the older "Multi-Use Dry Wax Lubricant", but it's 
apparently been replaced by this new version. All the 
reviews I've read just rave over it, and I do like the nice 
clean chain I get when using it. There's no crud all over 
the back of the bike or rear wheel. Since it dries to a 
kind of white film, it doesn't pick up dirt like the usual 
sticky chain lubes do.








A review of it: DuPont Teflon Chain-Saver
 
I'm sure there are many others out there, maybe even better lubes.
I'll see how it goes. I got 6 cans for about $44 from Amazon.
Why did I order 6 cans if I'm not sure about it yet? The answer

is a combination of "price", and "I really don't know...".
The old formula was great. I'll find out soon how the new version compares.



4 comments:

  1. I will be interested to find out how you like the new formula.

    Hubby has some type of chain lube in the garage but the kind escapes me right now.

    He was nice and even oiled the chain for me on Max this week. He's so good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan:

    I have a tin of the Teflon dry lube. It is not available in Canada, have never found any, but I was given a tin which was bought in the States.

    Let me know when you are leaving for Alaska. If you are not going to be home, I will not aim for Dubuque this July

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan:

    I thought I had your email address but I must have lost it.

    I plan to leave Vancouver on july 10th and head East but I will be zig zagging my way and I thought I would be near Dubuque, then head to PA, on our way to Portland Maine

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cleaned my chain and put the new DuPont Chain Lube on today. It looks about the same as the old "dry wax" stuff. Went on as a liquid but quickly dried. Chain was quite clean from using the old formula. I did clean it again with kerosene before putting the new stuff on. Now to put a few hundred miles on it and see how it goes. I think this stuff will work well.

    ReplyDelete