Sunday, July 21, 2013

Photography

I think I want to expand my hobby of photography. I've always
loved taking pictures of beautiful places and the people there.
Think I'll try to step it up a bit.
 
This story/video is inspiring to me. Here's a 77 year old
professional photographer, just now converting over to
a digital camera. He talks like he has a whole new career
ahead of him. -Donald McCullin-
 
I'm just a young kid of 58!
 
 
 
 
 
I've decided on a camera, ordered and should be delivered
next week. It's a Nikon D5200, 24 megapixel and very highly
rated. There are better cameras, but I don't want to spend
$6000 ( yet ). Hopefully I'll be able to do better at taking
decent pictures on my next bike trip.
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Dan:

    excellent choice. Can't go wrong with a Nikon

    Happy Snapping

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a pretty nice camera and if anyone knows about cameras it is Mr, Bobskoot. If he said it is excellent, it is. We've bought a few cameras on his recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a lot of positive reviews about this new camera and am interested in your long term impressions. Are you going to start posting HD videos now? Occasionally, it would have been nice to have that option.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Checked Thom Hogan's site. He has a D5100 manual, which is likely close to your model. I highly recommend his books. He may be planning a D5200 book - you should look.

    I have his D90 book and it provides much more insight into how to use / why to use various features than the Nikon manual does.

    I use CNX2 as my editor. If you go this route, Jason P Odell's book is a must.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great info. Thanks Richard and Edward!
    I would like to post more videos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any other lenses besides the 18-55 kit lens?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also comes with the 55-300mm VR lens and battery grip, cheap tripod, infrared remote and a few other things. Not too bad of a bundle, though I may want a mor sturdy tripod.

    ReplyDelete