Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hymn

At prayer this morning the hymn was one of my favorites:

"Praise to the Lord, The Almighty".

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation:
O my soul, praise him, for he is thy health and salvation.
All ye who hear,
Now to his altar draw near,
Joining in glad adoration.

Praise to the Lord who doth prosper thy work and defend thee;
Surely his goodness and mercy shall daily attend thee.
Ponder anew
What the Almighty can do,
Who with his love doth befriend thee.

Praise to the Lord, O let all that is in me adore him!
All that has life and breath come now in praises before him!
Let the Amen
Sound from his people again:
Now as we worship before him

--- Joachim Neander, pub.1680
     Based on Psalm 150

---------------

I actually {attempted) to sing it! Fortunately, my wife was alseep and
I was outside on the screen-porch so she wasn't subjected to it...

--------------

Went out for a bike ride and photo shoot, just before the clouds set in:






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I really like that last shot. There is just something about those old barns. Did you use the new camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, these are from the new Nikon. I was riding by the barn, as I've done thousands of times, and it just occurred to me, "that would make a good picture"! I'm noticing pictures hanging on the walls in buildings more now too. I'm noticing my surroundings more now. It's like photography has opened me more to prayer and mediation.

    ReplyDelete