Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Saint Bernard

Today is the feast day of Saint Bernard of Clairvaux,
founder of the Cistercian order, that I'm associated with.

From the Book of Wisdom:
 
Simply I learned about Wisdom, and ungrudgingly do I share—
her riches I do not hide away;
For to men she is an unfailing treasure;
those who gain this treasure win the friendship of God,
to whom the gifts they have from discipline commend them.

 
 
 
 
Getting the urge for a bike trip before winter sets in. Been watching
the TV series "Breaking Bad" and I have a friend in Albuquerque
who was a background actor in a couple of episodes. He said he'd
be glad to take me on a Breaking Bad tour, looking at the filming
sites. Hmmmm....
 
Maybe late fall when it cools down in New Mexico.

 
----------------------
 
Was playing photographer the other day along the Mississippi River
and got this shot. Turned out pretty fair for an amateur.
 
 
 
 
 
Another interesting one...
 
 
 
Here's the whole set:
 
 
 
My new hobby!


 

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures of the gulls.

    I am a little sad to report when I see the words St Bernard I think the canine variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan:

    I notice you're giving your camera a nice workout. There's nothing better than riding somewhere and then snapping a few photos. The two hobbies seem to work nicely together.

    I'm not good photographing wildlife, they don't stay still long enough

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only problem is, now I need most of a saddle bag for the camera equipment. Ahh...who needs clothes anyway...

    ReplyDelete