Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mindoro

Great day for a V-Strom ride! Sunny, temps in the low 70's.
I have a feeling this will come to an end pretty soon. After
all, Tuesday is October!

Picked up my son on his Kawasaki ZRX-1200 and took about a
100 mile ride around western Wisconsin, ending up at the
"Mindoro Cut", just a few miles North East of LaCrosse, Wisconsin.
Years ago they put a road through this rock face using hand
tools and lots of muscle.





                                                   My son's Kawasaki ZRX-1200. Nice!



 Before leaving home, I started the bread machine and had this waiting for me when I came home.



The idea was for this to be a photoshoot-ride, so I was looking for interesting shots.
Thought I was going to get skunked, but then saw this guy sitting in a roadside scenic
view area, playing his guitar. So naturally, out came the camera...




Headed for the "Slimy Crud Run" next weekend, if it doesn't snow.
This is a gathering of old BMWs, Nortons, and really any other
bike. We start from one small town North West of Madison, WI
and ride 35 miles to another small town, and then eat brats,
burgers, and drink beer. That's a good day!

We usually freeze our asses off in the morning...


                           


The chimes are chimin'. Time for night prayer and bed in the Mckenzie monsatery...




2 comments:

  1. Dan, a nice ride day for you and son; that's an awfully pretty ZRX. I'm spending next weekend (plus Mon-Tues) in Richland Center to further enjoy October in Wisconsin. Mike and I will be at Pine Bluff and Leland on Sunday, hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful day for a ride. Nice looking ride your son has too.

    I couldn't imagine the back breaking work that went into that cut. Couldn't have been easy.

    ReplyDelete