Saturday, November 2, 2013

Not quite winter

Getting chilly, but still pretty good riding weather. Temps in
the upper 40's, partly cloudy. Not looking forward to
winter. Maybe I will get some serious knobbies on
the 'Strom. Or maybe a hard nosed 250 trail bike for
winter, so I don't get "My Precious" all dirty.

It's well past "Peak" here, the leaves are losing their color.
I should admit, these scenes weren't as nice looking as
this. Things are getting that late late fall, washed out look.
I did quite a bit of "fixing" to spruce them up. It's amazing
what you can do with a program like 'Lightroom' to fix
up a dreary looking sky.


Along "Tschumper Road" near my home of Hokah, MN



Overlooking the Root River Valley





Here are before and after versions of that first picture:


8 comments:

  1. Lovely pics, especially the first one. I just love this time of the year, even though temperatures are dropping and road conditions aren't at best. For me it isn't about speeding, its about getting out there and ride...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos! Maybe do a post that shows before and after versions showing what needs to be done to achieve the results shown. Some of us aren't that advanced and, for me, it's a lot of trial and error.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures.

    Our leaves are past their peak too and although there is still vibrant color here and there the trees are starting to look pretty bare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richard: I added before and after versions of that first picture. It was taken with a Nikon D5200 camera, 35mm F/1.8 prime lens, settings were F/22, 1/40 second, ISO 800.
    I upped the whites and lowered the blacks (contrast) and boosted the color saturation. Using LIghtroom 5 (available on Amazon) can really save a picture from poor conditions or poor photographer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for including the before and after versions. Do you do anything with sharpness?

      I have been using Aperture for a while. Probably less capable and possibly outdated but I despise anything Adobe (on principle).

      Delete
    2. Lightroom has a default that gives a slight amount of sharpening and I usually don't add more. I think I added a little more with these but I try not to most of the time.

      Delete
  5. I'm impressed with those pics. You really captured fall. Enjoy the last couple of weeks of riding weather.

    - Dave at Motorcycle Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks David! I did an oil change and chain lube for winter, but just not ready to put'er away yet. No snow or ice on the ground = good riding weather!

    ReplyDelete